Company – Ness Technologies
Experience – 5-8Years
Location – Chennai
Position – Java Developer
• You\'re an experienced (5+ years) software developer, with a passion for technology. You\'re interested in designing and writing clean, well-tested code focused on high-transaction rates, security, and scalability. You have crisp communication skills and may have skills in any of these areas:
o Core Java
o Restful Web services
o Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.), including knowledge on data architecture and SQL development skills
Experience in Unix based development environment (Unix, Shell, Perl, Python) is a plus
• Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
• Perform quality software analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance for the PayPal core technology platform
• Experience applying software design patterns
Experience with unit testing (preferably Google Test) and tools
Strong debugging and problem resolution skills
• Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration)
Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus
• Frequently interfaces with other functional teams on all aspects of a feature or sub-system.
• Influences senior management on product direction, particularly related to their area of focus and expertise.
• Provides leadership to others, particularly junior Engineers who work on the same team or related features or product sub-systems
• Works well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
• Understands and is able to reason about the business, as it relates to their area of expertise.
• Developing the ability to resolve site issues.
• Experience in Agile Methodologies
• Receives direction in terms of the desired outcome or strategic objectives.
• Can be given new medium size feature or subsystem assignments with minimal supervision
• Can be relied on to deliver small and medium size features and sub-systems on time and to requirements, without quality issues.
• May coordinate activities of junior Engineers assigned to the same feature or subsystem.
• B.E or Equivalent degree