Job Description of QA Director
Finxera is a rapidly growing Silicon Valley based Financial Technology Company focused on creating secure and compliant payment solutions for leading debt settlement companies in U.S. We build state of the art product solutions for the Fintech space at our Development Center located in Rajeev Gandhi IT Park, Chandigarh.
We are an employee-first organization. We recognize that our employees are the driving force behind our success, and we continually strive to ensure their professional and personal success supported by employee friendly policies and positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. We ensure a challenging environment that would bring the best out of our employees and fuel their learning and growth in latest technologies and domain.
Intro to the Profile
We\'re looking for talented, motivated engineers to join our office in Chandigarh with the special mix of technical ability, curiosity, and an analytical mind to help us ensure every line of code we push to production as part of the IT applications is of the highest quality. This is a director level opening reporting into senior management. This role will serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company\'s strategic direction and ensure that the implemented solutions align with and support business strategies and requirements.
You will be expected to understand the ongoing requirements of our business units and will help evolve our overall Engineering ecosystem to support new tools and design shifts that enable the business to be successful in a high-growth environment
As a QA Director, you will be working closely with the development team to create and execute manual software testing activities while delivering on multiple applications implementing new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
The job requires that you be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You will have the opportunity to work with a smart, talented team of developers and quality assurance engineers on the Finxera application, using the latest web technologies. You would be required to identify missing test cases, refine existing ones and identify suitable regression suites. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality.
The ideal candidate shall have a very strong experience guiding and mentoring resources technically and is also a very hand on tester. Someone who likes to troubleshoot and who can work with a variety of different temperaments and experience levels.
· Design, Develop and Execute test strategies, test scenarios and test plans for new components and help root-cause issues working with software development teams.
· Analyzing the Test Cases prepared by other team members.
· Develop plans, schedules, metrics, data needs and scenarios for end to end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
· Preparing Summary Reports and suggestion Documents to improve the quality of the application.
· Gather feedback for and implement continuous test improvement.
· Help speed up regression cycles by identifying areas of automation opportunities.
· Participate in product and feature design with developers, product managers, and business systems analysts.
· Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· **Should have scored 70% & above in 10th and 12th grade.
· A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
· 6-10 years’ experience in Quality Assurance of web based software products (manual and automation).
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly; ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
· Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality
· Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must have experience in performing quality assurance testing -functional, performance (load, stress, reliability) and regression.
· Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum).
· Proven experience with development and maintenance of regression and performance tests in a complex architecture.
· To be able to Establish a solid relationship with other team members to understand the vision, requirements, and priorities of our business partners
· Passion for testing with the \"break it\" mentality.
· Detailed knowledge of QA testing methodologies, concepts, processes, and documentation.
· In-depth understanding of IT software development life cycle and product process oriented agile development environment like Scrum, Defect life cycle
· Have Experience in SELENIUM(JAVA), JMeter and hands on experience on MySql would be a plus.