Engineer II & II (A) – Level 9
Manager / Individual Contributor?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design and create test scripts for both web and windows applications including scenarios for database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests.
· Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
· Would be working on diverse application set
· Would be required to work on different automation tools available based on need
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others\' attention.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others\' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone\'s efforts to succeed.
· Degree in a computing related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience testing GUI applications, web services and/or web applications (Backend and frontend).
· More than 1 year of experience in working with automation tests using languages like VB script, C# and Java
· Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
· Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable.
· Experience with testing tools such as HP ALM, TOSCA, Soap UI, Selenium a plus
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
· 1-5 years of relevant experience with Bachelor\'s degree.
· Hands on experience in using TOSCA Workspace for Test Case Design (using Template, Schema file, RTB Reusable Test Step Block), Execution List Requirements and Reporting.
· Strong understanding of TOSCA features that will optimize the Test suite organization (Central Management of Test steps, use of pre-configured modules, table steering, Importing & Exporting objects)
· Awareness of Classic/TBOX Framework
· Having experience in working on Multi User (shared) Workspace.
· Experience in using Test Data Management for script creation & execution
· Working experience of commonly used Technology specific engines in TOSCA Test suite Web Based/ (Java, Dot Net etc.,) and its control sequence meant for developing technology specific adoptions.
· Automated Test Script creation and Execution with features available in TOSCA effectively
· Understand quickly the Application Under Test (AUT) and design scripts that are reusable
· Good Knowledge in SQL Scripting
· Reporting the test Execution result
· Strong in manual testing with respect to Test Case Creation (including Web Services Testing also), Test Execution, Defect reporting.
· Strong in Database testing (writing SQL Queries, performing Structural & Functional Back End tests)
· Experience with any Test Management Tool for at least 2years. Preferably Quality Center/HP ALM.
· Experienced in Agile methodology
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and great attitude towards QA.
· Very good Verbal and Written communication skills